Honda Marine BF115 - 20 in.
The BF115 is a big performer. Thanks to its Boosted Low Speed Torque (BLAST®), 3-Way Cooling System and having the largest displacement in its class, it has outstanding performance. Plus, its high output alternator gives you an exceptional level of amps and the NMEA 2000 protocol allows engine data to be connected with onboard systems.
The BF115 does not come with a propeller. Please consult with your Honda Dealer for propeller application assistance.
- Stroke design, based on the Honda Accord: Based on the Honda Accord engine platform, the BF115 benefits from years of proven Honda engineering and reliability.
- Dual Overhead CAM (DOHC): A powerful, compact 16-valve DOHC design creates more valve lift to pull in more air for increased horsepower. Low-maintenance design allows easy adjustment of the rocker arms. No multiple shims or trial-and-error adjusting needed.
- BLAST® System: Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST®, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST® system, advancing the ignition curve aggressively. "Hole Shot" is vastly improved as more horsepower gets the hull up on plane quicker.
- Multi-Port Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI®): Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder. The result is easy starts and instant throttle response with superior fuel efficiency.
- Lean Burn Control®: Lean Burn Control® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 19% less fuel* than its predecessor. (*Based on EPA Specific Fuel Consumption Mode.)
- Largest Displacement Engine: At 2354 cc (144 cubic inches), the BF115 has 21% more displacement than any competitor in it's class. The long-stroke design increases torque to deliver outstanding performance and efficiency.
- Balanced Engine: Twin counter-rotating balancing shafts help minimize internal engine vibrations, thus providing smooth operation throughout the entire rpm range.
- LAF & Knock Sensors: Linear Air Fuel (LAF) and knock sensors help determine correct fuel flow and ignition curve to maximize performance and fuel efficiency.
- Engine Command System: The Engine Command Module receives constant input from 18 sensors located throughout the engine. It determines the correct fuel flow and ignition curve, providing optimum performance.
- 3-Way Cooling System: Three separate cooling systems keep the cylinder heads running cooler for long-term durability.
- Engine Alert System: Uses visual, audio and rpm reduction circuits to alert the operator of overheating, low oil PSI, over-revving, water in fuel, battery condition, and critical engine functions.
- Four-Front Corrosion Protection: A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors and painted interior cooling passages, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Fresh Water Flushport: Flushes debris and saltwater out of the engine, extending the life of the outboard.
- Stainless Steel (Steering Arm, Tilt Tube and All Shafts): Stainless steel components provide durability with long-term corrosion resistance.
- Ultra Low 3-Star CARB Emissions: Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board's standards.
- Warranty: As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda engines come with a three-year, non-declining, non-commercial warranty or a one-year commercial warranty.
- NMEA 2000 Protocols: NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as sonar or GPS.
- High-Output Charging: The system develops 55 total amps, which after self consumption, delivers 40 “charging” amps. 30 amps at 1000 rpm and 40 amps above 2000 rpm.
- Variable Speed Trolling: Another great advantage for fisherman is the 115’s optional push-button variable speed trolling control. Simply push up or down in 50 rpm increments from 650 rpm to 900 rpm.
- Easy Maintenance: An easy "screw-type" valve adjuster system requires no shims and reduces maintenance costs. Front-mounted oil filter and oil filler make for easy maintenance.
- Built-in Pitot Tube (optional built-in Pitot Tube kit required): Built-in pitot tube in the gear case eliminates the need to drill holes in your boat for installation.
- Type: 4-Stroke DOHC; 4 Cylinder / 16 Valves
- Displacement: 2,354 cc / 144 cu.in.
- Bore & Stroke: 87 x 99 mm (3.43 x 3.89 in.)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 4,500-6,000 rpm
- Propshaft Rated Horsepower (HP): 115 hp @ 5,250 rpm
- Cooling System: Water Cooled
- Fuel Delivery: Programmed Electronic Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Recommended Fuel: Unleaded Gas. (Min. Pump Octane 86)
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Starting System: Electric
- Exhaust: Through Prop Hub
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Recommended Oil: Honda 10W30 FC-W™ outboard motor oil
- Oil Capacity: 6.70 L(5.90 Imp. qt.) with oil filter repl.
- Trim Range: -4 deg. to +16 deg.
- Tilt Range: 68 deg.
- Steering Angle: 30 deg.
- Gear Ratio: 2.14:1
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Alternator (Electric Start): 55 amp
- Battery Charging Power: 40 amp
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Alert: Standard
- Over Rev-Limiter: Standard
- Temperature Alert: Standard
- Water in Fuel Alert: Standard
- Battery Condition Alert: Standard
- Speedometer Pickup: Standard (Optional built-in Pitot tube kit required.)
- Variable Speed Trolling Kit: Optional
- Tilt limit Kit: Optional
- Overall Width: 580 mm/22.8 in.
- Transom Height (L-Type): 508 mm / 20 in.
- Propeller Type: Optional
- L-Type: 217 kg / 478 lb.
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke DOHC; 4 Cylinder / 16 Valves
- Bore x Stroke
- 87 x 99 mm (3.43 x 3.89 in.)
- 2,354 cc (144 cu.in.)
- Shaft Length
- 508 mm (20 in.)
- 217 kg (478 lb.)
- Trim Method
- Power Trim & Tilt
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 115 hp @ 5,250 rpm
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 4,500-6,000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.14:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- Programmed Electronic Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- 55 amp
- Water Cooled
- 36 months non-commercial use; 12 months commercial use